[BYWG Blog] The Easy 3 Simple Steps Solution To Reaching Any Goal
We cannot expect to achieve our goals without a plan.
“You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra
Here are three simple steps to reaching your goals.
- Break your big goal down into smaller goals to meet in a shorter period of time.
- Example: lose 5 pounds this month, go to the gym 3x a week for a month.
- Break that down even further into what actions you can do TODAY that is possible and doable and will move you towards your smaller goal.
- Write down the EXACT steps you need to take to complete that action.
- Example: big goal = lose 30 pounds, small goal = lose 5 pounds + go to gym 3x/week
- steps = get up and move right now,
- join a gym
- hire a trainer
- pack a gym bag the night before
- drive to the gym right after work
- Schedule those actions into your calendar.
- Example: schedule your gym time, schedule movement breaks throughout your day, plan your meals the day before
If you schedule your workouts in your calendar, you are going to be more likely to do them.
The key to succeeding with your fitness goals – and any goal really – is to identify your goal, determine the steps needed to reach that goal, develop a plan of how and when you will complete those steps, put that plan in writing, and then hold yourself accountable to your plan. 💪
Love these simple steps?