[BYWG BLOG] Is Your Relationship Status with Food and Dieting Complicated? Let’s Change That…
Set a goal, they say…
Visualize it coming to fruition, they say…
Develop consistent, healthy habits, they say…
Then you shall reach your goals.
But let’s be real for a second.
How many times have you taken all of the steps to get back in shape.
We feel that.
One day you’re in full control and the next, your goals have gone from portion control and mindful eating to …how many donuts do you think I can fit in my mouth?
We’ve been there. 🙋♀️
Want to know the secret to how we actually started to change our relationship with food and eating healthy?
Ok, there’s more than just one….
But let’s start here, with these suggestions that have changed the way I look at food:
– Just because I CAN or WANT something, does not mean I need to act on that desire.
– I recognize addictive foods and happily refuse them.
– Cupcakes and kale coexist – but I don’t need too many cupcakes.
– I get pleasure from eating slowly and enjoying the meal.
– I use food to fuel my body, not reward it (for the most part!)
– My size is the least interesting thing about me.
We encourage you to say some of these mantras – or create your own – on a daily basis.
And remember, it is a healthy JOURNEY, not a race.