The surprising path beyond depression, anxiety, and fatigue to reclaiming your authenticity, vitality, and freedom
For years, we’ve been telling ourselves that our difficult feelings—sadness, rage, shame, intensity, worry—are somehow “not okay.” And, all too often, we’ve relied on the promise of pharmaceuticals to tamp them down. The fact is, though, that these feelings are a vital part of our experience. They are real. And those of us who feel them most strongly are the canaries in the coalmine—sensitive to things that are seriously wrong in the world today.
In a book that’s both provocative and promising, holistic psychiatrist Kelly Brogan, M.D., author of A Mind of Your Own, shows us that we don’t have to medicate our mental, emotional, and physical pain away—that the best way out is through. She explodes the mistaken belief that our symptoms—from mood changes to irritability to fogginess and fatigue—are evidence that we are sick or broken. Then she charts a new path to get real, get well, and get free. The journey includes:
- Coming to a new appreciation of the meaning behind symptoms, and whether you are a canary in the coal mine
- Learning the 2 major risks of medication that most doctors are not trained to disclose
- Exploring the 5 reversible physical drivers of so-called mental illness
- Starting the process of radical physical healing with inclusive details of Dr. Brogan’s history- making 30-day protocol
- Taking an emotional inventory of energy drains and toxic relationships
- Taking a deeper dive into the spiritual awakening and expansion that comes when you reclaim
- your real self from conventional medicine
- Identifying the most likely places you have given your power away
- Understanding what the science has to say about psychedelics as a tool for awakening
- Navigating health challenges with curiosity and the proper tools
- Guidance, support, and many Travel Tips shared from the trenches!
Our experiences, Dr. Brogan argues, aren’t problems or pathologies; they reflect what we need to accept, acknowledge, and transform in order to truly become who we are. Own Your Self is a journey of healing, and also something more: a journey of coming home to ourselves.
The Supplement of the Month for September 2019 is BYWG Nutrition’s Joint Formula Plus. The 10% off code for the month of September is Joint4Sept. This is a powerful blend of building blocks associated with joint and cartilage repair like glucosamine and MSM. It also includes nutraceuticals like bromelain and grapeseed extract with anti-inflammatory properties that improve recovery, help manage arthritis pain and can slow the degenerative process.
Are you a weekend warrior? Do you pound the pavement? Cross Fit? Or do you suffer from osteoarthritis? If you said yes to any of these or you just have generalized joint pain this supplement is for you. We suggest an initial trial of 3 months to assess the effectiveness for you and the only contraindications is if you are allergic to shellfish or pineapples.
Order Joint Formula Plus and save 10% discount for the month of September when you use the coupon code: Joint4Sept
BYWG’s Product of the Month is our favorite Blue Light Blocking Lenses – Swannies
Using these glasses might be the most effective and cheapest biohack yet. Sitting under unnatural lighting all day long including halogen and compact fluorescent, staring into computer screens or our cell phone for hours a day, and sleeping with the TV on is disrupting our melatonin production and circadian rhythms dramatically which has devastated our sleep. By using these lenses an hour before you go to bed and to help eye strain during the day you will set yourself up for a much more restful restorative sleep. I have at least 5 pairs all different styles – in fact my kids have them as well. I had eye surgery 5 years ago and after I could not use my computer anymore without getting a terrible headache. Using these glasses eliminated this completely. They are absolutely invaluable to me. Check them out.
The Book of the Month for September 2019 is The Emotion Code – How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love, and Happiness by Dr. Bradley Nelson. We highly recommend this book – it’s on my audible playlist currently. You can hear Dr. Mike interview Dr. Bradley on here.