After a very debilitating car accident and subsequent surgeries doctors said my active lifestyle was over and I would need to adopt a new way of living. A way “that required less physical activity.” I believed them for a long time, but soon I began to understand that movement wasn’t a decision my body makes. It was an absolute necessity and programmed in, much like breathing. Simply put anything not moving is dying.
So I choose life and this eventually lead me to Yoga, and Yoga told me a very different story! After losing my physical abilities I developed a very different relationship with my body. It wasn’t always rainbows and butterflies but eventually I found a new level of respect and appreciation for my body’s ability to overcome injury and heal itself.
Once I marveled over all the miraculous ways in which nature has built in these super human abilities to heal itself, it changed my entire perspective on life. And what some would instantly see an accident like this as traumatic and torturing, which it was, but I also know it was the best thing that had ever happened to me.
The BYWG Book of the Month: Hack Your Health Habits: Simple Action Driven Natural Health Solutions for People on the Go!
By Dr. Nathalie Beauchamp
Who is this book for?
- For those who want to simplify the confusing and overwhelming amount of health information out there and figure out what is real and what is hype.
- For those who want to save time by having all they really need to know in ONE book.
- For those who want to learn how to think critically and personalize their health decisions.
- For those who want to stay current with cutting-edge health information.
- For those who want to spark their motivation and stay accountable to their health.